For those of you who follow us on Instagram, you can probably tell we are having fun with our new toy… A ‘filled pancake pan’, which we like to call ‘profiterole pancakes’!
If you don’t have a profiterole pancake pan (not the most common place kitchen item), you can make this recipe as normal pancakes and use the lemon curd as a sauce.
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup almond milk
2 organic eggs, separated
1 tsp lemon zest
2 organic eggs
1 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine flour, almond milk, egg yolks and lemon zest in a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Set aside while you prepare the lemon curd.
- Using a heat proof bowl, whisk eggs and then add in all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Boil a small amount of water in a heavy base pan.
- Place the bowl containing lemon curd ingredients in this pan, stirring constantly over low heat until it starts to thicken (this takes 7-10 minutes).
- Brush ‘filled pancake pan’ with coconut oil and then place approx. 1 tsp of the mixture into the pan, then add a dollop of lemon curd to the centre and completely cover with more mixture.
- Leave to cook for a minute or so over low-medium heat, then turn over and cook for another minute.
- Repeat this process for the remaining mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.