Festive, delicious and healthy.
These ginger spiced donuts are gluten free, dairy free and sweetened with just a touch of coconut sugar. A great healthy treat just in time for Christmas.
For a protein boost, we have added Amazonia plant-based vanilla protein powder. We love adding this to our desserts to enhance the nutrient density without altering the taste.
This recipe can also be used to make a loaf – better yet, add some chocolate chips for a decadent, festive ginger spiced chocolate treat.
1 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp vanilla protein (we use Amazonia)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 organic egg, whisked
1 cup filtered water
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Then add egg, water, tahini, ginger and coconut oil, mix until well combined.
- Grease a donut tin and spoon in the mixture, spreading evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from baking tin and allow donuts to cool.
- Decorate with coconut yoghurt and/or raw chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy.