Looking for a delicious and refreshing summer treat? Well look no further! Here we have a simple 6 ingredient recipe for Frozen Mango Bars, of course using our favourite Calypso Mangoes. All you need is a blender, a baking tin, some foil and your ingredients.
We choose Calypso mangoes because 1. they have a smaller seed (meaning there is more mango to go round!), 2. they have a mild, sweet taste that we love and 3… well how could you go past that gorgeous blushing skin.
They’re out now for the summer season (aka mango season) so look out for the blue Calypso® sticker in store.
For more mango inspo this summer check out @calypsomangoes on IG.
Want to know some of the key health benefits of mangoes?
Well, despite their delicious sweet taste, mangoes are low on the glycaemic index, which means they help to maintain healthy blood sugar levels. The fibre content in mangoes further assists with blood sugar regulation.
Mangoes also contain enzymes and prebiotic dietary fibre which aids with digestion. Tick.
Want more? The vibrant orange coloured flesh is an excellent sources of anti-oxidant Vitamins A, C and E as well as betacarotene (pre-cursor to Vitamin A). This enhances immune function, connective tissue integrity and vision.
Time to make this treat we think!
2 ripe bananas
1 cup coconut yoghurt
1/3 cup macadamias
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp coconut nectar or raw honey
3 ripe Calypso mangoes
- Combine all ingredients (except mangoes) in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Grease a spring-form baking tin with a small amount of melted coconut oil. Using foil, create a divide in a the tin and pour in approx. 1/4 of the mixture.
- Add mangoes to the remaining mixture, blend until smooth and creamy. Spoon into the other side of the tin.
- Quickly remove foil and place in the freezer.
- Allow to set for 4-5 hours. Thaw for 10-20 minutes before serving.