This ‘creamy’ mushroom and sage pasta is a staple dinner of ours. It is so quick and easy to make, flavourful and absolutely packed with nutrients.
We’ve used a gluten free quinoa and amaranth pasta but you can use any pasta you like. To top, we’ve kept it simple with sprouts, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of vegan hemp seed parmesan and a light drizzle of truffle oil.
- 150 grams gluten free pasta (we use amaranth/quinoa spaghetti)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh sage leaves
- 150 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 2-3 hours)
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mushroom blend (we use EmPowder organic fermented mushroom)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp truffle infused olive oil
- Hemp parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and sauté onion for approx. 5 minutes.
- Then add sage leaves and mushrooms. Mix well, reduce heat.
- Whilst mushrooms are on low heat, prepare cheezy sauce. Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender, blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little more water if necessary or until desired consistency is reached. This will take a few minutes and it should be quite warm from the power of the blender.
- Stir cheesy sauce through the mushroom mix and then add to cooked pasta.
- Serve with fresh sprouts, hemp parmesan and a drizzle of truffle oil (optional).