Raw, vegan and crazy delicious.
This chocolate caramel cheesecake is a serious crowd pleasure with a chewy chocolatey base, a naturally sweet date-caramel and a rich, decadent chocolate cheesecake-like filling. Ticking all our boxes!
It is important that you use a good quality, high-speed blender in order to achieve the creamy consistency. It will also help with making the base as the power is required in order to process the dates, nuts and other firm ingredients. If you prefer a chunky texture for the base you can use the ‘pulse’ setting on your blender. We use a Vitamix.
Chocolate caramel cheesecake recipe
1/3 cup macadamias or cashews
1/3 cup buckinis
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp cacao powder
4 medjool dates
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup cashews
1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
5 medjool dates
1/2 tbsp tahini
1/2 tbsp mesquite (optional)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups cashews
3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 tbsp melted cacao butter
2 1/2 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tbsp filtered water
2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined square spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the caramel layer.
- Combine all ingredients for the caramel in a high power blender, blend until smooth.*
*Reserve some caramel to swirl on top of the cake.
- Spoon on top of the base and place in freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Combine all ingredients for the chocolate layer in a high power blender, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon chocolate filling on top of the caramel and swirl the reserved caramel blend on top.
- Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set. Allow to thaw before serving and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
Big chocolate caramel fan?
If you love this recipe then we highly recommend you try our Butter Pecan Caramel Cheezecake! It’s delicious and like this recipe, made using 100% healthy whole food ingredients.