Chilli crab noodles
500 grams raw spanner crab meat (we use first grade, frozen from Fraser Island)*
1 large bunch of shallots (approx. 250g)
1 punnet cherry tomatoes (approx. 250g)
3 small deseeded chillies
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 knob of ginger, grated (approx. 70 grams)
1 small bunch of coriander
Green noodles (for this recipe we used organic spinach noodles, however these are not gluten free so you may wish to substitute for your favourite gluten free variety).
*Allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. It is also important not to re-cook crabmeat, so do not use pre-cooked crab for this recipe.
Top with your choice of young greens, we use a combination of cress, rocket, parsley and coriander from our herb garden.
- Melt coconut oil and braise chopped shallots, chillies and halved cherry tomatoes on medium heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place other ingredients (crab, grated ginger, lime juice and chopped coriander) in a bowl and mix together.
- Add to to the shallot and tomato mixture, lower heat and allow to cook for a further 5-10 minutes (or until crab is cooked), stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles as per instructions of your chosen brand.
- Drain, and combine with crab mixture.
- Serve, topped with fresh young greens, lime wedges and chilli flakes (optional).