Who else is excited about cherry season?
These delicious cherry tartlets with a chocolate shortbread crust are so easy to make and a serious crowd pleaser. We recommend serving with fresh cherries and if you’re really looking to impress, top with Loco Love Black Cherry and Raspberry raw chocolate. It is hands down the best raw chocolate on the market. All Loco Love chocolate is made using whole food ingredients, no refined sugar AND it is even infused with herbs to enhance nutritional value. Use our code HEALTHYLUXE10 for 10% off online orders – trust us, you will not regret it!
Chocolate shortbread crust
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup buckinis, ground to a flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
3 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup macadamias or cashews
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
1/2 cup mixed raspberries and cherries
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add coconut nectar and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together.
- Press into the base of 8 greased mini tartlet cases.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon into the tartlets and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Transfer to fridge an hour or so before serving to thaw.
- Top with cacao nibs (optional), fresh cherries and/or raw chocolate.