Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
Serves 4 (as a starter)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 large red onions, chopped
4 large carrots, roughly chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
4 cups filtered water
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
3 tbsp freshly grated ginger
Sprouts, pumpkin seeds and coconut yoghurt (optional), to serve
- Place olive oil in a large non-stick pan and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, water, salt and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to gently boil for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Then add fresh ginger and transfer to a high-power blender, blend until smooth.
- Transfer to bowls and serve with sprouts, seeds and/or a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
- We recommend serving with high protein, seeded bread.