Decadent, delicious and made with 100% healthy ingredients.
This butter pecan caramel cheesecake was inspired by our favourite flavour of the Loco Love Chocolate range. That is, the Butter Caramel Pecan chocolate bar. It is delicious refrigerated but we prefer it slightly softer for that oozy caramel texture.
Loco Love chocolates are hand crafted using the finest quality, raw, organic ingredients. They are also infused with superfoods, tonic herbs and healing spices. They’re not kidding when they say it’s chocolate that’s good for you! It’s also probably the best chocolate (healthy or not) that we’ve ever tasted.
How do you make raw cakes?
Often people can get a bit scared when they see raw cake recipes. Between the lengthy list of ingredients, superfood powders you’ve never even heard of and the long soaking times, it is no wonder it can seem a little overwhelming.
While we are guilty of including slightly odd superfood ingredients in our recipes, these are always optional extras. So if you have them, great! If not, no stress. It won’t alter the taste of the recipe, it is just for the added nutritional benefit.
In terms of soaking, while we do recommend this, it is not essential if you’re short on time.
So if you eliminate the 3 hours of soaking and obscure ingredients, we think you’ll be surprised by how quick and easy it is!
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup buckinis
1/3 cup flaked coconut
4 medjool dates
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/4 cup coconut yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut nectar
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp hulled tahini
1/4 tbsp vanilla bean powder
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 cup filtered water
Butter pecan caramel layer
1 cup pecans (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
5 medjool dates
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tbsp mesquite powder (optional)
1/2 tbsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tbsp Himalayan salt
2 tbsp filtered water
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews for the chocolate layer and place in a blender with remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon on top of the base and place in the freezer for an hour or so or until slightly firm.
- Then, combine drained and rinsed pecans with remaining caramel ingredients in a high-power blender. Blend until creamy.
- Spoon on top of the chocolate layer.
- Transfer to the freezer and allow to set for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Allow to thaw for an hour or so before serving.
- Top with chocolate dipped pecans and/or Loco Love butter pecan caramel chocolate bars.
Want to get your hands on some Loco Love chocolates? Use our discount code HEALTHYLUXE10.