These delicious super green pancakes have a twist of lemon and are made with one of our all time favourite superfoods, matcha powder by Matcha Maiden. They are so light and fluffy, and packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
We recommend serving with organic Greek yoghurt, or CoYo if you are looking for a dairy free alternative.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Then, place banana, spinach, coconut water and egg yolks in a high powder blender (we use a vitamix) and blend until smooth
- Pour into the dry mixture, along with lemon juice/zest and mix well
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the pancake mixture
- Place 1 tsp coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over medium heat
- Add in a small amount of the pancake mix and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to form around the outside
- Flip and allow the other side to cook for a further minute or so
- Repeat this process for the rest of mixture
- Serve with organic greek yoghurt
Find out more about superfood, Matcha, here.
Matcha powder (we use Matcha Maiden) is made from organic green tea leaves stone ground into a fine powder, creating a product with up to 137 times the anti-oxidants of regular green tea. It is a high quality, meticulously prepared tea, traditionally used for Japanese tea ceremonies. The well known benefits associated with green tea, such as improved mind focus, enhanced immune, detoxification and metabolic processes, are therefore also augmented with this potent blend. Matcha is sourced from Japan and it is essential that you choose organic to ensure product is rigourously tested for both chemical and radioactive residue.