We made the cakes as normal, using two small circular spring form tins and allowed them to set individually. We then removed the cakes from the tin and stacked them on top of one another… Too easy!
Another difference with this cake is we decided to try Simply Raw Food ‘Coconut Rough’ bars for the base which worked (and tasted) a treat! To do this, we simply placed 3 bars in a blender with a dash of filtered water and quickly blended until it formed a ‘crumb’ like consistency. We used the left overs to crumble on top of the cakes. So delicious!
Simply Raw Food bars are our go-to for a healthy snack and now they are also our go-to for making a quick and easy cheesecake base… We’re thinking lemon and macadamia next!
We hope you enjoy!
Serves 4-8 (We use 2 small spring form tins – 10.5cm in diameter and 5cm deep)
3 x Simply Raw Coconut Rough bars
1 cup cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup coconut cream
2-3 tbsp coconut flower nectar
2 tbsp cacao butter (melted)
1 tbsp coconut oil (+ extra to grease)
Pinch vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
3 tbsp cacao powder
2-3 tbsp filtered water
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Place all coconut rough bars in a high power blender (we use a vitamix) and blend until it forms a crumb like consistency, add a dash of water if required*
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring form cake tin(s) and set aside while you make the filling
- Clean the blender and add in cashews (drained and rinsed), coconut cream, 1 tbsp coconut nectar, 1 tbsp cacao butter, coconut oil, vanilla bean powder and filtered water
- Blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes)
- Remove approximately half of the mixture and pour on top of the base, ensuring the surface is evenly covered
- Return to freezer while you make the ‘black’ chocolate layer
- Add cacao powder, raspberries, 1-2 tbsp coconut nectar and 1 tbsp cacao butter to the remaining ‘white’ chocolate mix and blend for a further minute or so
- Gently spoon on top of the cakes
- Return to freezer again and allow to set for 4-5 hours or overnight
- Remove from cake tin(s) and stack mini cakes on top of one another
- 10. Transfer to fridge 1-2 hours before serving
- 11. Top with ‘sweet’ cacao nibs, coconut rough bar crumbs and/or fresh berries
*Reserve some coconut rough ‘crumbs’ to use as topping, optional