So simple, yet so delicious
This recipe was created in collaboration with Sophie Fisher (@coconutandbliss). For anyone following us on Instagram, (or anyone who has our ebook ‘The Ultimate Chocolate and Caramel Collection‘) I’m sure you would have gathered by now we love a good chocolate collab!
We have tried to give as many alternatives as possible so that this tart can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand, or whichever ingredients are most easily accessible to you.
We buy all our staple ingredients from The Source Bulkfoods. They have everything from flours, superfood powders and raw nuts to pasta, rice, quinoa and much more. We love their no-waste philosophy, their premium quality products and the convenience of having all our pantry staples available from the one location. There are now over 30 stores across Australia so check out their website if you want to find your local!
1/3 cup almonds
1/2 cup buckinis
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
6 medjool dates
1/2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt salt
1 cup cashews or macadamias (soaked for 3-6 hours)
3/4 cup almond milk, coconut milk or cashew milk
3 tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
1/4 cup almond butter, cashew butter or peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla bean powder or paste
1/2 cup cacao powder
- Preheat to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all base ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined square spring form tin (approx. 13cm diameter).
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, allow to cool.
- Combine all chocolate ganache ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon on top of the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set. Serve and enjoy!