Double chocolate = double the fun!
For the ‘cream’ we have used coconut yoghurt (coyo), however whipped coconut cream is also a great option if you do not have access to coyo. We are also working on our own recipe for homemade coconut yoghurt… Stay tuned!
We recommend serving with fresh organic berries and/or berry coulis. For quick and easy access to all our basic recipes (among many others) you can download our app! Link is on our website.
Makes 1 mini two-layered cake (we bake the cakes separately in two spring form tins, 10.5cm in diameter)
1/2 cup blanched almond meal
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup boiling water
2 organic eggs, separated
1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Then add melted coconut oil, honey, water and egg yolks
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into the mixture
- Scoop into two greased and lined spring form cake tins (10.5cm diameter)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes and then turn onto a cooling rack
- Once cooled, spread coconut yogurt evenly on top of both cakes and stack one on top of the other
- Top with fresh berries, serve and enjoy