Making the most of cherry season with these decadent Cherry Ripe Nicecream Sandwiches. So delicious and refreshing – an ideal summer day treat without any added nasties. They are vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free and made using whole food ingredients.
For all our basic ingredients (nuts, flour, sweeteners, coconut oil etc.) we shop at The Source Bulkfoods – a no-waste shopping experience. They have a huge range of bulk whole foods/health food products and you choose how much you would like of any ingredient/product using your own refillable glass jars. Aside from being environmentally friendly, it is also a really fun and efficient way to shop.
For fresh foods (fruits and veg) we try to shop at our local farmer’s markets for the best quality produce and the best prices.
If you try this recipe (or any of our recipes) tag us on Instagram @healthyluxe and #HealthyLuxe for a potential feature!
1 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 tbsp coconut nectar
3 tbsp cashew butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup macadamia milk (or nut milk of choice)
3 large frozen bananas
1 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup macadamias
3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp filtered water
100 grams dark chocolate, melted (to coat), we use Loving Earth
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine all dry biscuit ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well. Then add nectar, cashew butter, coconut oil and macadamia milk, mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Press the mixture flat into a greased and lined baking tray. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely, cut into approx. 16 rectangles and set aside while you make the nice cream filling.
- Combine all ingredients in a high power blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the nice cream filling between two rectangular biscuits and place in the freezer for a few hours or until set.*
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Allow to cool slightly and then coat or drizzle the nicecream sandwiches. Briefly return to freezer for chocolate to set.
- Serve and enjoy or store in freezer.
*Add halved cherries to the mixture if desired.
Makes approx. 8 (large)