After much demand on our Instagram feed, we decided it was only fair we share this decadent ‘caramel’ fondant recipe with you all.
It has a delicious pudding like texture with that heavenly oozing centre… Not to mention it is entirely refined sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.
We use Loving Earth salted caramel chocolate which can be purchased from health food stores and online.
2 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
80 grams salted caramel chocolate, melted
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cacao butter, melted
2 organic eggs (+ 2 egg yolks), whisked
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then add all remaining ingredients and mix well
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge and leave for approx. 1 hour
- Grease and line two oven-proof ramekins, spoon in the mixture and place in the oven
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes, leave to stand for 2-3 minute and then gently turn onto plates
- Serve immediately